Local Representation For Your Workplace Injury Case

Trusted Work Comp Attorney Serving Norwalk Iowa

On Behalf of | Sep 11, 2018 | Firm News

People don’t plan to be injured and out of work. In fact, most work injuries come unexpectedly and without warning. Most think work injuries are something visible like broken bones, sprained ankles, and wrists, or even loss of body parts. In reality, some work injuries are cumulative in nature and happen over the course of days, months, or years. Injuries like hearing loss, heat exhaustion, or back pain can result in work comp claims in Iowa. Whatever the situation, when you or a loved one is injured, there are many questions that you need to be answered. You cannot rely on the insurance company to look out for your best interests.

1. Notify Your Employer

As mentioned above, cumulative injuries can happen over time at your job. Even if you don’t suspect a significant injury, it is still best to let your employer know if you suspect your job is causing an injury. Some of the most common injuries that don’t get reported are rolled ankles, sprained wrists, small cuts, and minor head injuries.

Generally, when notifying your employer, you will need to provide them the following information:

  • Type of injury and affected areas of the body
  • Date, time, and location of injury
  • Parties involved in the accident
  • How the accident occurred
  • Any medical treatment you have received

When you’ve been injured in a work setting in Norwalk, IA, it’s very important to notify your employer of your injury or symptoms. The notice must be given within 90 days after the “occurrence of the injury”, a date which can sometimes be difficult to determine (such as for chronic conditions that develop gradually). This is when documentation is very handy. A doctor’s note or documentation notifying your employer will benefit your case. If 90 days have gone by since an injury, your claim can be denied if the workers’ comp insurer determines that you failed to give timely notice. That is why you should notify your employer as soon as possible if you suffer an injury at work or suspect you may have a work-related condition. Even if your employer denies your injury because you didn’t report it soon enough, they may not be correct according to the law. If your injury claim is denied, it is beneficial to talk with a worker’s compensation attorney for a free consultation as soon as possible.

2. Contact a work comp Iowa attorney near Norwalk.

If things aren’t moving at a rate that you’d like, or you feel like you have not been paid proper benefits, contact Platt Law Firm for a free consultation. If you don’t feel like you are getting the correct medical care which may delay your recovery, then it’s time to contact a local work comp attorney. It’s critical to know the correct questions to ask your employer and to protect your rights. Attorney Nicholas Platt has been practicing law near Norwalk for many years and has specific expertise in workers’ compensation claims. If you haven’t received the proper care, or benefits, call our office today at 515-346-6659 or complete our contact form on our website.

We will meet with you anytime for a free consultation regarding your Des Moines area work injury.